16 December 2009

Long Overdue Update

I have been extremely busy for the past 30 days. The command I am attached to has been transformed under NATO command, under the NATO Flag. It has been a learning experience for everyone. I've said farewell to some of my troops as they head back to the states, and welcomed and trained their reliefs. I was able to get some face-time on the Today show and I got to watch Navy Beat Army at 3:30am...overall it has been a great month.

Over Thanksgiving, I was sent out into the field on a mission with the ANA (Afghan National Army). It was unbelievably crazy and in a morbidly sick way, unbelievably fun...For my family and friends, I'll be happy to share the story over a pint of stout or a cold IPA when I return. It's just not cleared for this forum.

I haven't had as much time to work the VCR missions as I would like, but there are troops working the COIN side of the house everyday and we still need your help.

Remember to send your donations to:

Chaplain's Office
CSTC-A, Pool House
APO, AE 09356

Until next time: Keep your eye on a shipmate, head on a swivel and stand by to Give'em Hell! Hooah!...and Happy Festus.


Bookworm said...

It sounds as if every interaction with the Afghan troops is an adventure in itself.

Thank you for your service -- and have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you. Have as merry a Christmas as you can and we'll see you next year.

From the NOTU Ya Yas

Greyhawk said...

Wishing you a safe, quiet, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Subscribe in a reader